The Iowa-Self Sufficiency Rental Assistance program is currently closed until further notice.
Capax Infiniti Housing (CIH) offers a rental assistance program called the Iowa Self-Sufficiency Rental (ISSRAAP) Program, a federally funded program under the HOME Tenant-based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program. This program is targeted to homeless families, disabled, veterans, elderly and near-elderly persons and provides up to 12-months of rental assistance to eligible households.
Under the HOME TBRA program, CIH issues an eligible family a voucher and the family selects a unit of its choice. Voucher holders are able to choose their own housing as long as the unit meets the requirements of the program. Security deposit and utility deposit assistance may be available for eligible households.
Eligibility for the program is determined by CIH, and is primarily based on the family’s income and household size. Anyone who is in need of rental assistance, who meets the income and other requirements, may receive the rental subsidy and deposit assistance.
- Dallas and Polk County Residents –applicants must provide documentation to verity that they have live in Dallas County or Polk County for at least 30 days. The documentation provided must state the applicant’s name, and residential address. Examples of acceptable forms may include: State-issued ID, valid registration card, motor vehicle registration or title, utility bill, or renters insurance policy or statement.
- Must be within the income guidelines. Household incomes for Dallas County must be at or below 80% of the AMI or 60% of the AMI for Polk .
- Must not be subject to a lifetime sex offender registry. It is up to each individual to prove his/her registry is not a lifetime requirement.
- Be willing to commit to develop and work toward a self-sufficiency plan, unless exempt from participation. Disabled, elderly, or care-takers of disabled or elderly persons are exempt from participation in the self-sufficiency program.
How to Apply
The waitlist is currently closed until further notice.
Persons with disability may request a reasonable accommodation, in writing, in order to utilize the housing program and any related services. CIH will make all reasonable efforts to assist you with a reasonable accommodation. You may request an accommodation on the application for assistance, or contact CIH.
Limited English Proficiency
- If you cannot read or understand English or you need services in a language other than English, our agency will assist you. Many of our documents are may be translated into other languages, we many provide an interpreter, or reach out to local organizations and city government agencies to provide translation and interpretation for non-English speaking families.
- Si usted no puede leer este document por favor pida la assistencia de nuestro personal bilingue. CIH proporciona servicios de traduccion para participantes y clients. Si usted necesita esta forma en Espanol, porque no lee ingles o require que esta communication sea interpretado o traducida por favor Ilame immediatemente a nuestra oficina (515) 276-5823 para una interpresacion a traduccion gratuita